Job Title:Network and Technical Support Specialist - 2933-CA
Primary BackgroundNetwork Adminsitrator- Technology
Secondary BackgroundHelp Desk - Technology
Job Number:JN -122017-1347
Network & Technical Support Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an established organic skin care company in BC. They are looking for an enthusiastic Network and Technical Specialist to join their IT team.
Who You are!
The Network & Technical Support Specialist role will Report to the Technical Support Lead and work alongside a Tech Support Rep and a Software Developer. The role would be working with a diverse group of users located across 3 Vancouver locations. The Specialist also provides remote support for a US-based warehouse as well as for an Outside Sales Team working throughout North America. The Specialist provides support to users with hardware and software deployment, e-mail administration & troubleshooting, general PC support and application support. The Specialist will coordinate with vendors, maintain documentation, participate in meetings and perform other duties as assigned.
Where is it based?
Roles and Responsibilities
User Technical Support
• Log all support calls into a Help Desk system
• Prioritize & troubleshoot issues either in person or using remote control software
• Resolve hardware and software technical issues based on their priority
• Remediate all workstation, software patches, updates and upgrades
Technical Administration & Documentation
• Monitor, administer and support servers
• Set up new employees including credentials, software, workstation, telephone and printers
• Organize the purchasing and deployment of technology equipment
• Confirm suitable hardware and software is available (including backup hardware)
• Create, maintain and validate backup jobs including Cloud copies
• Keep adequate security levels where required on all systems and applications
• Maintain and monitor Office and Warehouse building access and security systems
• Coordinate the IT portion of operational or administrative projects
• Report on Server and Systems status and system outages in a timely manner
• Inform users of support request status
• Communicate company-wide scheduled system maintenance and unexpected events
• Conduct IT onboarding for new hires
• Inform users of new systems, procedures or updates (benefits and new instructions)
• Explore improvements and solutions for business process and procedures that improve the user experience
• Maintain documentation on user processes, hardware and software
• Maintain the documentation of all server and workstation license deployment
• Create and maintain problem-solving processes for Servers and Systems
• Receive hardware and update the inventory logs of: supplies, users, IP, service tags, etc.
• Maintain project and network related documentation as required
• 2-5 years of experience providing technical support in a busy office environment
• 2-5 years of experience providing front-line technical support for computers; mostly in person but sometimes over the telephone
• 2-5 years of experience in setting up personal computers as workstations
• Experience with Windows 10 including file shares and printers
• Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to install software and configure users in Active Directory
• Ability to problem-solve issues with servers, hardware and software vendors
• Exposure to IP Networks, Printers, Scanners
• Ability to facilitate support sessions using Remote Desktop Connection and other remote control tools • Ability to prepare and update Network and End-user documentation
• Ability to provision and configure Windows Server 2012, VM-Ware, SQL Server
• Experience at the administrator level with MS Exchange, Windows Server, Active Directory and VM Ware
• Ability to work with Cisco VOIP Phone systems
• Ability to manage Exchange Server and Exchange Server and SQL databases an asset
• Cisco Switching and SAN Management
• Cat6 wire termination, patch panels and switches
• Administration and log-checking of backup jobs and backup process
Timeline for this role:
This role is available right away for the successful candidate, once all due diligence is completed.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Candace Amirault, Sr. Talent Executive, quoting reference #2933-CA, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.