Job Title:IT Systems Administrator -2799-CA
Primary BackgroundSystems Administrator - Technology
Job Number:JN -082017-1178
Experienced IT Systems Administrator
Long-standing and growing optimal integrated information technology solutions company in Vancouver is looking for full-time IT Systems Administrator to join their IT Team. You will have the opportunity to work with a great group of dedicated professionals who have high standards in this exciting and challenging business. With the growth the company is experiencing, there is potential opportunity for you to also advance your career.
The IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for the Engineering of SA-related solutions for various projects and in-house operational needs. In addition, they will assist in the build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding systems infrastructure
Where is it based?
Downtown Vancouver, BC
- Must have at least 2 years post secondary education in Network/IT/computers;
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA or MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
- Vmware or HyperV Certified Professional or equivalent certification in relevant programs.
- 4-6 Years Linux and Windows System Administration experience.
- LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, DHCP, DNS.
- Cloud/Virtualization: VMWare, Hyper-V, P2V migration.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and in-house operational needs.
- Help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding systems infrastructure
- Maintain and migrate customer email platform
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Ensure deployed software packages are updated and secure
- Monitoring systems for uptime, security and availability.
- Perform P2V and V2V systems migration.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Provide Tier 2/3 Technical support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot systems related issues.
- Develop and maintain system documentation and procedures
- Participate in on-call pager rotation
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
Timeline for this role
What’s in it for you?
This is the opportunity to work in a thriving tech company that offers growth potential.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Candace Amirault, Sr. Talent Executive, quoting reference #2799-CA, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.